2007-05-20

Pass the RF - part 3 - UPDATE

Philipp reports back! The travelling FED-2 might be on its way again some day soon! :)

Tashkent is an excellent place for picking up FSU cameras - good choice, and prices are still comparatively low! I've picked up a number of cameras on Friday, all but one of which will be sent away (read _this thread_ for my enthusiasm about the one that won't... ;))

The new FED-2 looks good. It has its little stiffnesses, but Spyderman already wrote that he can take care of that, so RML put the list together in this order rather prophetically :) I've just finished a roll of XP2 and will give that to the lab tomorrow, to see how camera and lens are doing.

However, to top it off I got a call five minutes ago from my Armenian collector-salesman, who says that he'll get another beautiful like-new FED-2 in the course of this week - this man clearly knows about gear acquisition syndrome. So eventually I might even have two FED-2s to choose from... I might be going to the mountains next weekend, so there might be some more pictures coming, and I hope I can get the nicer of both in a yak string, brown paper package on its way to Slovakia early next week or so. :)

Technorati Tags :

No comments: