2007-05-19

Pass the RF - part 3 - UPDATE

As you know, the travelling FED-2 got stolen in Tashkent but it seems Philipp has been able to find a replacement camera, also in Tashkent. :)

OK, here's an update. I spent some two hours today drinking tea and chatting with my Armenian contact here, time very well spent. I've got an offer for three cameras. The first is a Drug for myself, serial number 6102830, looks mint, with leather case and a beautiful J-8 (for $60). The second is a Zorki-5, the model with square window and red engraving, serial number 5816836, with an I-50 for Spyderman. The third is the next Pass-the-RF camera, a FED-2 with self timer, serial number 3446293, with an Industar-26 52/2.8 lens. Quite similar to the original camera, with self-timer added, and the camera looks in nice shape. I have to tell him tomorrow if I'll take the cameras, but I probably will.

He deals in cameras and has a nice collection. We chatted a bit and I saw a few things I hadn't seen before. There were some spy cameras (my favourite was built into a 1980s digital wristwatch, takes round film chips with 1 inch diameter and comes with a small suitcase with a complete development kit), a Narciss (subminiature SLR with interchangeable lenses and finder, very nice) and a TSVVS (#377, I don't know how genuine it was, but it definitely did look nice and if it was a fake, it was a good one). If anyone of the RFF crowd ever comes to Tashkent, this is a guy worth visiting. It helps if you speak a little Russian, though

Technorati Tags :

No comments: