2007-10-06

Pass the RF - part 3 - UPDATE

The camera is in Norway but Eric is having some trouble with the Norwegian Customs office. Here's what was written on the subject.

EricFive:

The camera has arrived in Norway with custom problems. They are asking me for a receipt of the purchase or a copy of my bank account and I havent paid anything

Need some info from the original owner so I have sent RML a PM. Hopefully I will have it at the beginning of next week.

OdDbaLL:
Having had numerous run-ins with the Norwegian Customs myself I offer you my sincere condolences. I've had luck asking the sender to write a letter explaining that the item is of a low value. Hope it all works out. I'm next!

This is yet another little setback for our travelling FED-2! But if we can get the camera out of Uzbekistan; we can get it into Norway!

To the Customs officer handling Eric's case: please, be so kind to let the camera through. This is just a fun project where people who know each other only from the rangefinderforum pass a little cheap camera from one person to another. It's a way of bonding, a way to get to know each other a little better, a way for people in faraway places to cross oceans and cultures. The camera is mine and will ultimately return to me again too.

Technorati Tags :

No comments: