2007-03-06

Pass the RF - part 3 - UPDATE

The third Pass the RF project is really under way since yesterday and already today the first recipient has taken possession of the camera! Huub is running film through the FED-2 as we speak. Soon Huub will send the camera on to Csab', and Csab' on to Nick. The camera could actually leave Holland before the end of the month! :)

In the meantime I've been scanning my roll of Lucky SHD400. I am as unfamiliar with the FED-2 as most of you, and I had to get used to guestimating shutter speeds and apertures. Not an easy task for someone who hardly has to do so with an R-D1. :) But I managed and I got a few nice results. And a few that were totally unexpected. Unexpected in a sense that they were nothing I had figured beforehand and at first sight a waste of film. On second sight, though, they seemed to speak to me in an unfamiliar but alluring voice. Siren's call? You can tell me after you've seen the scans. :)

All the photos below were taken with a FED-2 plus Industar-26m, on Lucky SHD400 iso400 B&W film. Shutter time and aperture are unknown. The film was developed in caffenol with the aid of my daughter. I stuck to the recipe I had used before, hoping that it would over-develop this iso400 film. Things worked out quite OK. The caffenol seems to give rather nice and small grain. The results look very smooth and scan rather well. The photos suffer a little from drying marks. I really should get some distilled water for the final rinse.









Technorati Tags :

No comments: